As an Indian player, you can get access to hundreds of online slot machines as well as free online slots if you join the right casino, and this is what this guide is all about – we’ll show you how to find the best online slots and where to play them!
Why Play Online Slots in India?
Slots are a popular online casino game and for good reason. They require little to no skill, and you can claim a variety of bonuses to use on them like free spins and no deposit offers.
On top of that, certain slots have jackpots that go as high as a few million bucks. It’s going to be difficult to try and win that much with blackjack!
Are online slots legal in India?
In India, it is legal to play at online casinos. There is no federal law in India that bans online casino gambling, so yes, you can play online slots legally in India.
Just a few Indian states have passed their online gaming laws so far.
For example, Maharashtra has decided to ban all kinds of gambling inside state lines, both online and offline gambling.
States like Sikkim and Goa, on the other hand, have gone so far as to legalize gambling in a regulated manner. There are actual real-world casinos in both states that draw gamblers from all over India.
What are Online Slots?
Online slots originate from the traditional slot machines you used to spin by pulling a lever.
These slot machines used to have just three reels and one pay line and typically featured various fruit, 7s, and bells as symbols.
With online slots, the concept is still the same – i.e., to land on a matching combination of symbols that will offer a higher payout than the original stake.
However, once slot machines took an online dimension, developers started coming up with a variety of exciting new features and prizes.
Find the Best Online Slots in India
Knowing which online slot best fits your personality is vital when playing any slot game.
You will have the best chance of winning if you are playing one that best suits you.
If you’re a newbie, are you unsure what game you should play? Or are you getting annoyed with a particular slot game because you don’t have the right slot for your personality?
To help, IndiaCasinos has compiled a list of what to look for in a slot.
What to pay attention to when choosing an online slot
Online casinos in India offer hundreds of online slots, all distinguishable by their style and theme.
Indian players will come across:
- Classic slots: Inspired by the first slot machines.
- Video slots: A modern version of slot games with animations, extraordinary graphics and sounds, and bonus games.
- Progressive jackpot slots: Games linked to an ever-growing jackpot that can reach millions of rupees.
Some online slots offer much better payouts than others. For example, you could win 500x your wager in one game, or 5,000x your wager in another.
Check out the rules of the slot and see which one offers you the best chance at a decent payout.
- Lookout for volatility
Slot volatility, or as it is also known, Variance, refers to how online slots are programmed to pay out in different ways.
Some slots have more frequent payouts than others, while some will pay out more frequently, but the prizes will be more significant.
Online slot games of low volatility would fit in the first category, whereas high volatility slots will fall into the latter.
Medium volatility slots try to balance the hit rate and the size of payouts.
- Pay attention to RTP
The RTP shows how much players can expect to get back from an online slot machine – theoretically.
If a slot has an RTP of 96% (which is the average for a good number of online slots), this means that over thousands of rounds, players should get back 96% of what they stake in the form of winnings.
Over a few rounds, you will either lose more than you wager, or you can win a massive prize – you never know! Look for slots with high RTP.
- What’s your budget?
One of the rules of being a gambler is always to stake money you can afford to lose.
Remember, not every spin will turn into a win, and playing online slots comes with a degree of risk and loss.
Online slots, these days, allow players to choose the preferred amount they want to bet, which can vary from just a few rupees to thousands of rupees.
Thus, before placing bets, it might be a good idea to decide how much you can afford and how long you wish to play.
Types of Online Slots
Online slots really do come in all kinds of shapes and sizes. From video slots to Megaways, to jackpot slots, there really isn’t a casino game as flexible as slots.
Here, we’ll take a look at the most common types of online slots you’re sure to come across at an Indian online casino.
Classic Slots & Fruit Machines
You can still find some excellent collections of slot machines online that mimic the traditional fruit machines, with their fruit symbols and overall design.
Typically, these slot games also come with features that enhance the gameplay, such as free spins, wilds, multipliers, or the possibility of gambling your winnings.
Video slots take the concept of slot games a bit further, by taking a theme or storyline and designing online slot games based on that subject.
This form of online slots is very popular nowadays, because players love a good setting, whether it’s a gladiator’s arena or a tomb inside the pyramids of ancient Egypt!
Video slots tend to come with high-quality visuals and exciting soundtracks to fully immerse you within the game, and constitute the large majority of new online slots that are released today.
Progressive jackpot slots can be either classic slots or even video slots in style. The only difference is the jackpot that is linked to this game and which keeps growing with every stake player’s place on each spin.
The jackpot is often dropped randomly through a mathematical calculation of the RNG computer and the higher the amount of the jackpot the likelier it is to drop on one lucky player who, with all probability, will become a millionaire overnight.
The ‘all ways pay’ games, which have 243 pay lines or five reels with three symbols per reel, are among the most common forms of online slots.
These games have a ton of winning combinations and various icons, themes, and gameplay.
Big Time Gaming was the first to launch a Megaways slot, and since then, it has become a phenomenon in iGaming.
Bonus Buy Slots
Bonus buy slots are online slots that allow you to pay a fee in return for the game’s main bonus feature.
This is usually the round where you get free spins.
The cost of missing the “grind” for scatter symbols that unlock the bonus feature(s) while you’re playing, also known as “feature buy,” is usually between 50 and 150 times your initial stake.
How to Increase Your Chances at Winning Online Slots
There are thousands of online slot games available out there, but it can get tricky to find the best slots to play online in India.
This is because it takes a while to determine whether the features and payouts are as rewarding as the developer promises.
We believe that the best online slots have a good balance of promising features and decent win potential. Here are a few of our slot tips.
1. Read Our Reviews
Curious about a certain online slot? Check out our list of slot reviews to see if we’ve tested the game out ourselves.
We provide real slot reviews after we play the game to give our readers a head start before they deposit real money on the slot.
2. Watch Streamers
Some slot enthusiasts have combined their interest with entertainment, taking it to the internet for all to benefit.
Watching streamers play online can give you pointers and experiences you might otherwise lack.
Online platform Twitch is a great place to start and you can look out for the below streamers:
3. Practice for Free
If you’re not quite sure whether or not you’d like to play online slots for real money, the good news is, you can also play them for free!
Most Indian online casinos will allow you to play their slots for fun with fake money without missing out on any features.
In this way, you can test out a new slot to see whether it appeals to you or not before risking real money on it.
4. Take a Break While You’re Ahead
A tiny victory is still a victory. When you’ve already won, don’t keep trying your luck. Always play responsibly and know when to quit.
What is the Best Slot Stategy?
While slots are mostly a game of chance, there are some strategic moves that players can make to improve their chances.
As we mentioned above, it is extremely important to watch your spending. It’s easy to get caught up in playing a game like slots, and you want to be mindful of your budget.
If you’re playing on a budget, look for slots with low minimum bets per spin.
Another online slot strategy is to play as many slots as you can in demo mode, especially if you’re a new player.
By trying out a variety of different slots, you can see which games you have more fun playing.
How Do Online Slots Work?
The biggest reason slots online are so popular is because of how easy it is to play them.
- Find an online slot you want to play.
- Select how much you want to wager per spin.
- Click the spin button.
Online slots are pretty basic compared to other online games, but the most important function used is the RNG software.
RNG stands for Random Number Generator, a software tool that is used across all online casinos to ensure a random game outcome for each player.
Every single slot has this, so as much as some players want to believe the game is rigged when they lose, it’s not.
Online Slots Providers in India
Online slot providers are the brains and power behind every single online slot.
Casino games developers go to great lengths to come up with interesting and innovative ideas to provide players with something fresh and unique every single time.
Once a slot is released, it is usually offered across various Indian casinos.
However, some online casinos also have their own exclusive titles which are developed in-house or in collaboration with a developer.
Best Slots Providers
Some slot providers have earned a fantastic reputation. Below are some of the most famous names in the industry:
- Play ‘n’ Go
- Red Tiger
- Pragmatic Play
- Big Time Gaming
- Relax Gaming
Online Slots: Terminology
Glossary and a short explanation of terms related to slots:
- Paylines – imaginary lines that determine a winning combination when the same symbols land on these lines
- Reels – reels refer to the barrel-like structure of the slot that spins to display a different combination of images each time.
- Jackpot – it refers to the maximum prize you can land
- Free Spins – this is a bonus round involving a set number of free spins, allowing players to accumulate more winnings without staking anything.
- Symbols – this are the images that appear on the reels. To win you need to land the same symbols in a winning combination.
- Scatter – although not found in all online slots, scatters are those symbols that give you access to the bonus game or free spins round if you manage to get a certain number of them on any given spin.
- AutoPlay – some online slots have a special button on the console that allows the slot to spin on its own saving you from having to press the spin button every single time.
- Multiplier – a multiplier is when you win and your bet is multiplied a number of times
- Max Bet – this is the maximum bet you can place
- Min Bet – this is the minimum bet you can stake to spin on a slot
- Low-value symbols – these are symbols that pay out the lowest if you form a win involving them.
- High-value symbols/premium symbols – these are the symbols that will pay out the most if you land on a winning combination involving them
- Betting limits – this is the minimum and maximum bet allowed per spin. At the bottom of the reels, you will be able to adjust your bet according to these limits.
- Slot hit rate – hit rate, or hit frequency, is used to describe how often you can expect to get a win as you spin on a slot.
- Maximum win potential – this is the amount you can win if you get the best matching symbols in a slot (i.e. a combination with the highest-paying symbols, or the same combination plus a multiplier or any extra prize). The maximum win potential is expressed as the amount x your original stake to account for all bet sizes; for example, if a slot has a win potential of 5,000x the stake, you can win 50,000 rupees if you bet 10 rupees.
- Wild – this is a symbol on the reels that substitutes all other images with the exception of the scatter to help you form more winning combinations.
- Volatility or Variance – this determines how many times a player can expect to hit a win. A high variance pays less often but payouts are higher, a low variance slot pays often but payouts are small.
- RTP – or Return To Player percentage is the calculation that determines how often the slot will payout what is staked on it over millions of spins.
- Paytable – this is found in the game console and provides information about how winning combinations are formed
- Progressive jackpot – this is a jackpot that is linked to more than one slot game. A small part of each bet is added to this jackpot causing it to grow over time
- Bonus game – a game within the game, this is triggered by landing 3 or more scatters. It often consists of free spins with a higher possibility to win.
And now, it’s time to give a couple of slots a spin or two! Discover the variety of games available by playing free online slots first before picking the best online slots to play for real cash.
And of course, make sure you join an online slots casino that regularly rewards players by offering bonuses, free spins, and other freebies that they can use on slots.
There are plenty of them out there, and we promise you’re in for a great time.