How I tested Starmania
We look carefully at each game element to provide you with a balanced and in-depth review.
- Slot symbols: The standard symbols are brightly-coloured stars that pay between fourto 500 coins.
- Minimum and maximum bet: The smallest wager you can make on a single spin is €0.10 (INR 8.45), while the maximum bet allowed is €500 (INR 42,260.00).
- Autoplay option: You can activate the Autoplay option to keep the reels spinning while you do something else.
- The payout rate: The game’s RTP (return to player) rate is a decent 97.87%, which is on the higher side of average for video slots.
- Volatility: Starmania is a low volatility slot, meaning regular, small payouts.
- Maximum win: The most you can win playing Starmania is 500x your bet.
- Wilds, Scatters and other functions: The word WILD in chunky red and yellow letters depicts the Wild on the reels, while the word BONUS symbolises the Scatters. If applicable in your area, you can hit the Gamble function after a win for a chance to increase your payout.
- Bonus-buy option: Starmania doesn’t have a bonus buy option.
- Bonus game: Although there’s no specific bonus game, you might be fortunate and launch free spins if you land several scatters in a spin.
- Graphics & sound: The slot has simple yet attractive graphics and a subtle theme tune that plays in the background.
Play Starmania with the best bonus
Start your Starmania experience with a bang! Check out our bonus page to find the online casinos with the best bonuses to help you on your way.
Starmania Symbols & Payouts
Starmania has a range of symbols that pay different amounts depending on how many you land on a payline. The frequency with which you hit these payouts depends largely on the RTP and volatility of the game.
All the standard symbols are stars. The lower-valued stars are relatively plain, but the design and intricacy become more detailed as the payout value of the symbols increases.
These are the highest-paying symbols on Starmania.
These symbols pay out the least when you land between three and five on a payline.
Starmania has 10 paylines that remain active throughout. The game doesn’t offer the facility to select how many paylines you’d like to play each spin.
This paylines payout from left to right and from right to left on consecutive reels. The exception to this rule is the Scatter. Three or more of these symbols payout regardless of where on the gameboard they land. Starmania pays out the highest win per payline in each direction.
Min/max bet, autoplay option
Starmania has a wide betting range to suit casual players and high rollers. Bet as little as €0.10, or wager the maximum of €500 per spin for a more lucrative payday.
If you want to continue with household chores while still spinning the reels, then you can activate the game’s autoplay option. Set your wager, select the number of spins it should run for, and the game’s algorithm does the rest.
The RTP indicates how much of all bets the game pays out to players. Starmania has an RTP of 97.87%, which means that the game only holds back a small percentage over thousands of bets. At high RTP slots like this, you have a good chance of hitting a payout.
We determined that Starmania is a low volatility slot. This means that you can expect to hit paylines fairly regularly, but the payouts will be on the low side.
Jackpot and/or maximum win
Starmania doesn’t have a jackpot, and the most you can win in the base game is 500x your wager. If you choose to play the gamble feature, then you can substantially increase your maximum win.
Low volatility and high RTP combine for a cosmic winning experience
There’s no time to be bored on Starmania. The perfect storm of low volatility and high RTP keeps your bankroll ticking over with regular wins. Although the payouts aren’t huge, you never feel like the free spins round is too far away.
Starmania is a classic video slot with simple gameplay. It’s not bursting at the seams with special features, but the base game builds sufficient excitement and anticipation to keep you coming back for more.
Many players select an online slot based on unique features that increase winning potential. Although Starmania focuses more on its base game, it hasn’t overlooked the attraction of special symbols that add extra elements to its gameplay.
Wilds, re-spins and other features
Wilds, Scatters, Free Spins and Multipliers are some features that games like Starmania use to heighten excitement and enhance your experience. Let’s discover which special features you can find on your trip through the galaxy.
Wilds stand out on the game board, depicted by chunky red and yellow letters on a glitzy backdrop. This symbol substitutes for every other symbol, apart from the Scatter, which is a feature on its own. Wilds appear only on the second, third and fourth reels and contribute to winning paylines.
The Scatters are easily noticeable. Just look for the BONUS blocks that appear randomly on all reels. Three Scatters pay 20 coins, four pay 100 coins and you receive 200 coins for all five Scatters in one spin. Additionally, landing three or more Scatters launches the free spins round.
You receive 10 free spins when at least three Scatters appear on the reels. Before each free spin, you receive an extra Wild on reels three, four and five, so that throughout the spins, 30 stacked Wilds are added to the game. These greatly increase your chances of hitting a substantial win.
It’s also possible to trigger more free spins during the free spins round. This happens when you land three or more Scatters in one spin.
The Gamble feature allows you to risk your winnings for the chance of a bigger payout. You can activate this feature after each winning spin and either double your winnings by accurately guessing the playing card’s colour or quadruple them by guessing the correct suit.
Starmania Graphics & Sound
|Optimized for Mobile||👍|
|Music||Twinkly with space-style sound effects, like shooting comets and lasers|
|Special features||Free Spins, Gamble, Stacked Wilds|
Simple graphics and sound keep your focus on the game
NextGen Gaming hasn’t complicated Starmania with a cluttered gameboard or over-the-top sound effects. The reels spin over a simple backdrop of the night sky, accompanied by twinkly music. There are no distracting graphics, and your focus remains on the reel action.
Starmania incorporates apt sound effects and graphics for some actions, like laser effects indicating winning paylines, Scatters shooting around the reels with a fiery tail and all the fanfare you’d expect from a passing comet. While the basic sound and graphics may be on the dull side, these special effects make a world of difference.
Solutions if you have some issues with a game
- Should the game malfunction during play, your session will be cancelled. Any advancements become void, your winnings or losses withdrawn, and your bets returned to your casino account.
- If the slot fails to load or you can’t get it started, it’s possibly in the middle of a software update, so wait a few minutes and try again.
- If the internet connection between your device and the casino glitches during a game, shut the game down and relaunch the slot. It will restart from where you left off.
- Contact the online casino’s customer support team for assistance if the game fails to replay. .
For a simple game, Starmania packs a punch. Its betting range gives it broad appeal, and the straightforward rules allow for excitement from the first spin. Although there are a few special features, each contributes to your enjoyment of the game.
The graphics and audio complement each other, and their simplicity makes the reels stand out. However, background music with more of an outer space vibe would add zest to the game and reinforce the theme. When all is said and done, though, Starmania is a heavenly delight.